Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Why I Am Doing This

I can remember the first time that I felt the effects of having a Candida infection. I had just turned six and my family had friends over for you dinner. All of us kids were playing in outside when I noticed that my toes and fingers were itching. It nothing more than a minor distraction to my six year old mind but within a few hours it had worsened to the point where I had to tell my parents something was wrong.  I explained that I had a an itching feeling in my toes and feet little did I know then that this was the start of a battle that would actually shape me into the person I am  today. When my parents were unable to find any rash or topical sign of what may be the problem, the naturally deferred to my friends’ dad who happened to be a doctor. Giving me a quick physical, he too was unable to come up with any cause of why my fingers of toes were itching. It was more or less dismissed at that point and even I thought I much have just been having some simple reaction to something… no big deal.
Well, as you already realized the itching worsened, and with the itching came the rashes, irritability, constipation, vomiting and countless other delightful symptoms. The insomnia of ongoing sleepless nights ruled my day time activities even as a child making it nearly impossible to get through a school day without falling asleep. My symptoms would come and go, they would be unbearable one month and nearly forgettable for the next but regardless the intensity it was always much worse at night!
I managed to get through high school just before everything got exponentially worse. My first 2 years of college I was only able to complete 2 semesters of work. I was vomiting every morning, sometimes multiple times in a day. I couldn’t eat, I couldn’t sleep, and everything felt like a fog. By this time I had probably seen nearly twenty different doctors, none of them were able to tell me that my problem was a massive Candida infection and none were able to help. Many of the drugs that I was put on as a last resort of test mad me sicker than before!
Finally, I was referred to a D.O. by a friend who knew exactly what was wrong with me and the problem I was having with yeast! And just like that, after years of suffering I was nearly yeast free and symptom free within two months! Everything that I have learned since then, all the tricks and methods to manage and eliminate yeast, I now want to share with you! My goal is to reach anyone who was as without a clue as I was to the Candida issues and offer relief. I am currently taking a year off school before continuing my post graduate doctorate work in the medical field but cannot wait to share what I have learned thus far and what so many doctors had missed! This blog will be an ongoing project so stay in touch and best of luck with eliminating your Candida infection!

No comments:

Post a Comment